From "airmail" to "slider" and everything in between, these are just some of the terms you're likely to hear around a cornhole court!
We know "ultimate" is a bit premature, but with your help we'll get there. See that little form over there?
Add your favorite cornhole terms and catchphrases and let's do this!
- AirmailWhen you throw the bag straight through the hole.
- BlockerWhen you land a bag in the middle of the board in an attempt to keep your opponent from sliding the bag into the hole.
- BooyahAnother term for four bagger.
- CannonballWhen an airmail drags 1 or more other bags into the hole with it. See also "Waterfall" and "Everybody into the Pool" Credit: Nic Feinstein
- CliffhangerA bag hanging off the back or side of the board.
- CourtA set of two cornhole boards set up 27 feet from edge to edge, ready for a game!
- Dirty BagWhen the bag lands on the floor without touching the board.
- Dirty HookerWhen you attempt an airmail shot and the corner of your bag catches the hole, but hooks in such a way that your bag spins off the board.
- DragWhen you pull a bag that's sitting on the board into the hole with another bag, whether a slider or an airmail.
- Everybody into the Pool!Fun thing to say when somebody throws a cannonball or a waterfall.
- Floor BaggerWhen all four of your bags end up on the ground (and not by going through the hole...)
- Flop ShotA difficult advanced shot where you intentionally throw a Tumblef*ck, i.e. a bag that lands just short of a pile of bags that is blocking the hole...and rolls over them into the hole. This is the shot Noah Wooten made famous on ESPN during July 4th coverage of ACL's tournament.
- Foul LineThe front edge of the board is the foul line. When throwing the bag you need to release it before your foot touches the ground in front of the foul line.
- Four BaggerWhen you get all four bags in the hole in a frame.
- LaneOne of the two sides of a cornhole court.
- LeanerA bag that's overhanging the hole.
- No BloodAnother term for "wash."
- Pitcher's BoxThe space beside a board from which you must throw the bag. It extends the length of the board, and 3 feet from its edge. At least one part of one foot must be within the pitcher's box when you release the bag.
- PushWhen you push one bag that's on the board into the hole with a slider.
- Rim JobWhen you miss the hole by so little that the bag catches the hole and slides around it, but doesn't drop.
- ScoreholioAn app that makes cornhole more fun by automating round robin play and providing interactive scoreboards and a dashboard for real-time scoring.
- SliderWhen you land the bag on the board in such a way that it slides into the hole.
- Tumblef*ckWhen your opponent has a bag land funny, tumble over a bunch of bags and f*ck you by inexplicably finding its way into the damn hole. Note that when the same thing happens to your bag, that's an "I mean to do that." : )
- WashWhen two players earn the same number of points, which cancel each other out, resulting in no score change for the frame.
- WaterfallWhen a slider drags 1 or more other bags into the hole with it. See also "Cannonball" and "Everybody into the Pool" Credit: Mike Carwin
- Yard SaleWhen all of your bags miss or slide off the board and end up scattered on the ground.